Katie Melua - Mary Pickford
I'm just a man with dreams, simple!, ordinary dreams, but these are the dreams that make my world as it is, myself as I am. Me... in my good days and bad days, good or bad as I may be. I may open my mind and write down my emotions in a few lines, trying to find a way to feel lighter; hoping, working and striving for these dreams to become a reality. I think of myself as a character in a book engaging new adventures with every line that I read, overcoming obstacles, meeting new characters discovering more with every page I read in this story I call life.....
For the past two weeks I have been working on the last few renovations left in our apartment. Many times I be just alone in the empty rooms, only me and the thoughts in my head, and the awaiting dreams within those walls...those walls that are already saturated with dreams, some of them shattered and others that I want to hold onto. These are the dreams and memories I want to share with you....
A recent memory I be holding on is the one that happened today, guess this is what make people fall deep in for each other...the capability to share memories trough time, to be able to look back and say we done this together, we have over come that together, even if many times some things are left unsaid...like we are afraid to utter words to express feelings, but the beauty within life is that sometimes we can say a thousand word without talking....a look, a smile can tell a million things....
"Mary Pickford used to eat roses
Thought that they'd make her beautiful and they did,
one supposes.. "
...I hum, when I be standing on the stool trying to re-give glory to the old iron doors. Simply painting I find it to be almost therapeutic, it calms me and makes me feel happy....
"Douglas Fairbanks, he was so handsome,
He wore a moustache,
Must-a had much cash, too,
Worth a king's ransom..."
...Well I be alone when singing, not everyone can appreciate talent or recognise a good voice when they hear it, if you get my drift...
"Charlie Chaplin, he was invited,
When these artists became united..."
...Today I was not alone, Cass came along and helped me with the works. Time goes by faster when you have company and exchange a few words...or a smile perhaps...
"David Griffith worked as an extra,
Then as a stage-hand,
Until they let him be
A director"
... Therapeutic yes! if done for a short while that is...after a few hours or better say days it is not even remotely calming and I find it of not any benefit at all...
....Made my self a coffee....coffee always makes the trick. Wandered in the empty rooms thinking of just nothing holding my brown hot mug in my hand, when I heard a soft hum...walked towards the familiar tune, there she was, with that sweet soft grin on her face...reminding me why I fell in love with her...
"Dave was brave, a mover and shaker,
A true pioneer,
He seemed to show no fear,
A real film maker"
....Made my self a coffee....coffee always makes the trick. Wandered in the empty rooms thinking of just nothing holding my brown hot mug in my hand, when I heard a soft hum...walked towards the familiar tune, there she was, with that sweet soft grin on her face...reminding me why I fell in love with her...
"They tied the knot together,
Groom and bride couldn't hide their pleasure,
They tried to pick fair weather,
But love died, didn't last forever"
...It is strange yet fascinating how she picked the same song I always sing when I'm alone...Thought I was dreaming...no it was real...real like the memory I be holding of this day....
"Mary Pickford used to eat roses,
Thought that they'd make her beautiful and they did,
One supposes......"
...
Written down as a reminder as I constantly grow... love, perhaps unspoken and for the things I leave unsaid....to you my lovely sweet inspiration. Thank you to be the simple you, I happen to love very much that simple you....yours Hotei.
Picture by Hotei
Music & lyrics by Katie Melua
could not agree more with you on the third paragraph!
ReplyDeleteThanks Nina :) I do believe that Nina, I'm not a very talkative person and sometimes I regret for not saying a word, but then again they tell me I can say a lot with just a smile hehehe :) So glad you found something you relate yourself with in this post it makes me feel good knowing that I'm not the only one thinking things that way :)
DeleteIt sounds like you had a very pleasant and reflectful day.
ReplyDeleteYes Michelle you can say that :)
DeleteThanks for stopping by :)
look you getting nostalgic with someone
ReplyDeleteKind of Okta :) guess nostalgic is a good word to express what I feel :) yet...I look to the future now too and I can see it is brighter then I thought :)
DeleteSo true what you said Hotei about saying a thousand words without talking. It's kinda romantic when two people are so in tune with each other that they don't need to fill the quiet space with empty words and they are not afraid of silence, after all, they know what each other is thinking. Nice Post mate.
ReplyDeleteYou hit right at the core of this RPD, exactly what I mean and meant!. Guess when two persons are in a relationship for quite a while they are kind of in synchronisation, mind and soul wise... I am lucky to have found that, perhaps it took me a while to realise but better late then never :)
Delete"They tied the knot together,
ReplyDeleteGroom and bride couldn't hide their pleasure,
They tried to pick fair weather,
But love died, didn't last forever"
What song is this???
Nice one Hotei...very nostalgic... :(
Guess it is slightly nostalgic I do admit... didn't mean it to be nostalgic but reading it again and it does feel nostalgic :P
DeleteThe song its called MARY PICKFORD By Katie Melua. You can listen to it by hitting the button on top just below the title banner :)
I like the song--You say it best--when you say nothing at all.... :)
ReplyDeleteMany times it is best...
DeleteNostalgia makes us more expressive than ever. Agree?
ReplyDelete:) Agree... surely it does, nostalgia make us dig deep in the meanders of our minds.
Delete