Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Colour in a dull world.





As days passed  I started working at the new place, trying to leave the past behind. It was a totally different scenario, more calm more friendly and inviting, I was almost intimidated by the situation, it was almost surreal.  I could not understand how there could be such a big difference between the old post and this one. I asked many times myself how I could have done this to me, how I let my self be blinded by a little money. For years I knew nothing but work, I had become dull.

Many times drove my way to work early, and took my time strolling around the city watching the crowd going at its pace. Staying at home was not going to do me any good, locking my self up wont help me, so (I thought)  why not have a walk, and have a coffee. I might be having it alone but at least I'm out and I could see new places and new faces. That alone was enough. Started rediscovering my passions, time over time I silently watched the tourist wondering about capturing every corner, stone, door and window. Colour! and little noises,  a carriage drawn by a horse making its way trough the crowd in an almost eerie silence only broken by footsteps on the cobblestones.  

Walking in the silent streets of the city leading to the new place made me think... I started noticing a world full of colours, shapes and sweet soft sounds. I loved it! it felt good! too good to be true, but it was true I was now living. 

Long time ago a very good friend of mine gave me a small gift, a "photo camera" I started to capture what my eyes saw and thought it was worth to be frozen forever. My morning stopped to be dull and empty, now this time was worth living, I felt passionate about this new hobby. Discovered the beauty of the early morning...the mist, no longer I cursed it for stopping me from driving early in the morning, now I was fetching for more and more scenarios. Inspiration was not to far, it was all along around me, tourist came to capture and savour a little of what my country can give, it was now time for me to give a little back to them.

The old company started paying me what was due to me, and with this little extra I could plan a small gift for Cas and me. She was delighted!, it was a surprise to her after so many years. Now we could spend real quality time together, we could restart living and rediscover each other just like in the past.



Picture by tumblr 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...