Thursday, 17 January 2013

All good things come to an end (Part 3)



A transfer!?,
Chef came to me asking what happened in the kitchen and what was all this friction about?.
Apparently Clint asked for a transfer, as he said it was impossible to work and cope with me!. Well to be honest with you it came as a relief, was happy he asked to be moved as he undone all of my work that took me months to achieve, in just days!.

For about 2 months all was going fine again, and luckily the brigade was back on track in no time.



About 2 months before Christmas one of the guys, asked me if he could leave 2 hours early, now normally such a request must be headed to the executive but I knew that this guy had a few clashes with the executive, for  a few reasons.
 This guy had many issues, personal issues...and these reflected in his performance during work, I usually covered for him in a way or an other. So this time was no difference I granted him the permission, he even said he will come after a few hours and make sure his section is fine. But that did not happen!, he did not return and in aim to cover his ass I tried to finish he's work, but chef got to find out....and I was in trouble...

I was truly mad at him but I thought something must have happened to him, so I just let it go. These events continued over and over and many have started abusing from my "soft" side, I was pretty strict but when it came to personal matters I closed an eye, I used to tell my self  (it could have been you Hotei!).

After a month or so Clint had to make a comeback, I tried to ignore him as much as possible, but that was not always possible.

                                          _____________________________________

"Congratulations!! Hotei, the restaurant won an award, we are listed number 9th best restaurant on the island!!"  Jessica Shouted entering the kitchen. "you made it!".
The whole kitchen was trilled to the news, we had come so far, had so many obstacles but in the end the extra effort paid off!.

I was pretty proud of what all of us had done, but it was a short lived happy moment!. According to chef it was just a hit of luck and that I did not deserve to go and claim the award!. I was very sorry and took it quite badly.....

Instead of crying out loud about it I just ignored it and went on with the daily routine. The festive season was close and we started working hard on the items for the menu. One evening remained at work till almost 3am making (Ravioli), it was a long day but at least the job was done and I could carry on with an other item. The next morning or I should say a few hours later I returned to work and entered to a surreal silent kitchen. I asked what was the matter, but no one seamed to want to answer....Clint came forward and said "you see, this morning upon entering the kitchen we found the freezer door open".

My work...all down the drain...all of the ravioli turned to a gooey mass!. Had to throw all of them in the bin...and start all over again.
The next day re-made the whole batch with some help and made sure the freezer was properly closed! (not that I wasn't sure that I haven't closed it the first time, but you cant point fingers in these cases).

I had to be careful, someone was massing with me, and  I could be sure that the situation would have gone out of control... 

The next morning went in earlier then usual and to my disbelieve I had found the freezer switched off from the main switch...I was still in time to save the work...now I was sure...and I had an idea of whom it might be...



Picture by google images 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...