The new guy (Clint) was very experienced, it took him just a short while to get used to the system. I thought it meant that finally I got to get my day off again. But this did not happen as on my first day off in a month the new guy called in sick. Well, these things happen I thought.
A few days passed and I started noticing friction among the staff, its like something was bugging them and most were about to explode any minute. It was normal, the stress levels were high, we still managed to joke around to keep up the spirits high!. 2 weeks later it was my day off so Clint would replace me, again he called in sick, and I had to go on duty again. Got to work and received a call from him, saying that he was sorry and that usually he is not like that!.
To be honest I was pissed, but whining about it would just have made it worst!.
Then..... one morning right after breakfast I asked one of the members to chop up some vegetable and the response was, "I'm busy doing something else, ask Clint to do it he always skives!".
I could not believe what I just heard, no one replied to me that way for months! not even under the worst circumstances!. I replied to him, "its ok...its not that important, you do it when your done from what you are doing"...
This was not normal there was like an electricity in the air, something was bound to happen very soon, but I could not find what was the problem as no one ever came to me complaining. A few days later while sorting out the walk in cooler found beer hidden underneath the shelves, went over to Clint and asked him if he knew anything about it, he attacked me saying "why do you ask me? ask the others!".
That's it! it had started! The kitchen was in a mess again! no one wanted to take responsibilities, anything I asked the answer was I don't know!. That was the final drop I took a drastic measure and rotated the staff on different shift but this was not working and now over heard Clint saying that I was too young to lead such a kitchen!. ohhh ! all I remember is that I erupted!. Told him what I thought of him, and weather he likes it or not.... that is the situation! there were only two options ether follows my orders or get the hell out of there! and there was no room and no chance he could question one of my orders! the buck stops here!.
This somehow got some days of quiet...but the harmony was now broken, nothing could be the same again...
Picture by google images
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment