Driving to work after hours of work on a non finished menu ...switching on the CD on high volume so that I can almost not hear me think.......
.......must snap out of it !....can't afford to put the standard down...working is getting near impossible with only two chefs in the kitchen (me included!!) the restaurant is busy as hell!! had over 650 people booked in a week ! My feet are refusing to carry the weight of my body any more. Feel like giving up already! Have completely forgot how it feels to have such responsibility!. Mr Crabs constant whining about how bad the financial situation is...... not of any help at all ...especially after feeding a mear 115 guests in just one evening!!! And you wonder why does he keep running this business in the first place?! if doing such a service is not leaving any profit!!.
The most thing that is getting to me is the fact that I am constantly bombarded by emails and calls!. The other chef had half the situation sorted as I carried out half the chores of the day....now I have to struggle to do them on my own!. And besides just 2 weeks ago we where 4 working in the kitchen! now we are just two! And to put the cherry on the cake Mr STINGY wont place an advert on the paper as it will cost money!! so he rather jeopardise the standard of the food then his pocket!!! This is what I find completely ridiculous and stupid!. So why Mr crabs cant see that?. I wanted so much this... now I'm cursing the moment I have accepted...now I took a road and its hard to go back not after just a week I will loose credibility! I know... if I put my mind to it I can do it, after all I have been doing this for a decade now! but somehow I cant concentrate on anything!. I feel like going to battle without a strategy, and I freeze as the enemy is n sight!. I was the one known for never panicking in any situation....I always kept cool and calm in the most pressured situations....now for the first time it is getting to me! not sure if I can take this any longer..... Now off to feed an other 120...
Missing Tory's Birthday tonight wish I could be there but duty is calling.....Missing a lot actually!!! Its is almost impossible to believe how much my life changed in just 2 weeks, had no day off for 2 weeks.... had to say goodbye to my morning swim....had to say goodbye to my hobbies....sigh...Lets think positive things will get better soon!.
Not sure what to say now, as chef's jobs are very demanding indeed. Hopefully the boss will see what's happening and realise he/she is only ruining their own business. Customers can make or break a restaurant!
ReplyDeleteWell, I hope you have a better next week, you can only do so much in a day.
Thanks a lot Rum-punch .... well its is not easy to run a restaurant I have been there already, did it for 6 years! and back then I was only 21 years old ..perhaps I had more stamina :P
ReplyDeletenow after a whole year working behind the scene I'm back up front..but my life style changed since then, now I have other priority's and its hard to cope now. The boss will not see unless he is in a dead end! he is unbelievably STINGY...like way to much!!!
thanks a lot for your wishes and lets hope for the best :)